Have you tried the Firm Foam Pads yet?
Although these Classic ink pads are still dye-based and acid-free, they do “release” more ink onto the paper. They’re great for solid images! However, this benefit does mean you will use more ink and may need to reink the pad more often.
• better ink coverage
• same flip-top design stores ink upside-down to keep pad moist
• fast-drying, dye-based, acid-free ink
• new color name labels in your language for easy identification
• buy individually or as color collections (Catalog, p. 152–156)
• use refills for pads and wheel cartridges, or for dyeing embellishments (buy individually or as color collections)
My Suggestion: Consider buying the ink refill when you purhase a new ink pad.
Here’s a 6-minute video for some very helpful tips about reinking the foam pads. (The technique is different then reinking the older felt pads.)