Love Love Love this stamp set! But I’ll be honest….I was hesitant to buy it (You’ve never heard that before!)
So let me break it down to three reasons WHY I love the Swallowtail stamp so much:
(1) It’s a huge stamp! Perfect for backgrounds, as it will fill any white space you have– would work great for scrap booking too!
(2) Versatility: You can ink it, color it with markers, emboss it, perfect for pastels, and wonderful with watercolors
(3) All about the details: I’m pretty sure they knew what they were doing when they designed all the little details into this image. Simply stunning!
Here’s one of the cards from last week’s stamp club. This technique was super simple, but offers a big “WOW” factor
Tips and Tricks:
- Start with your lightest color first (I used Wisteria Wonder) and randomly ink the stamp with a sponge dauber
- Add in the next colors of ink (again–light to dark) randomly with sponge daubers. This will give you a tie-dye effect
- Give it a good huff to moisten the ink, and stamp on whisper white cardstock
- Use snail to adhere all of the layers. I also used the NEW Distress Tool (#127562) to rough up the edges
- Dazzling Details is a quick and easy way to add some shimmer without the mess of glitter. Note: a little bit goes a long way. Start with a small drop and smear it. you can always add more 🙂
- Because this is a huge stamp, you are going to need Clear Block F (it’s the only one big enough for the image). Otherwise, I would suggest purchasing the wood mount stamp (#129213)
Stamps: Swallow Tail (c-129216), Sassy Salutations (126707)
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Marina Mist
Paper: Marina Mist, Rose Red, Whisper White
Etc: Distress Tool, Dazzling Diamonds, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Clear Block F (#118483)
Have a Fabulous Day & Happy Stamping!