Looking for another way to feature the swallowtail? How about using Clear Embossing Powder! It’s a subtle way to make any image shine, and really adds a “WOW” factor to this Clean and Simple layout.
Tips and Tricks:
- Stamp your words first–you want them on the card stock before you emboss. Choose an ink color dark enough to show through 🙂
- Ink up the swallowtail really well with versamark ink pad and stamp on your cardstock
- apply clear embossing powder over the image. Turn the card stock over and tap off any excess powder.
- Make sure you check for finger prints or any smudges–The heat tool will emboss all the powder it touches
- The card stock will be a little warped from the heat tool, so don’t be afraid to add a little extra snail adhesive to the back.
- I added a couple dimensionals (surprise surprise!) behind the Not Quite Navy card stock to give it a little extra
Stamps: Swallowtail, Word Play
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Versamark
Paper: So Saffron, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake
Etc: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive
Have you created any cards or scrapbook pages with the Swallowtail? You can email pics to email@example.com–I’d love to see what you create 🙂
Make it a Great Day!