Happy Friday! Here’s the 3rd card from this month’s Stamp Club–it was a hit! (thanks Pinterest!)
It may look a little intimidating, but it was a snap to put together, and definitely adds a WOW factor to your card 🙂
- designer series paper for the tissue box3″ x 3-3/4″
- gray base for tissue box 3″ x 2-1/4″
- Baja Breeze layer 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Card Base 4-1/4″ x 11″ (fold in half)
***Tip: I used Mini Glue Dots as my adhesive for the project. They are prefect when you need adhesive for small areas, and are very sticky!
To Create the Tissue Box:
- 3″ x 3-3/4″ piece of designer series paper
- score at 1/4″ and 1/2″ around all four sides–your simply scored tool is PERFECT for this!
- Fold along all of the score marks, and snip off the four corners
- Punch the oval out the middle of the dsp to create an opening for your tissue
- To make the gray scallop embellishment, start by punching out an oval.
- THEN line up your scallop oval OVER the punched cardstock, so that it’s centered. This makes it much easier than punching the scallop first.
- Use a mini glue dot in the corners to secure the box together
- pull tissue through the opening (you only need about 1/4 of the tissue)
- secure the tissue box onto the gray base with mini glue dots
I also embossed the Baja Breeze layer with an embossing folder (Honeycomb or Chevron were my favorites). I wrapped a piece of gray satin ribbon (retired) around the baja breeze layer, and then used mini glue dots in all four corners to stick it to the whisper white base (or you could use Basic Gray for the base too!)
Stamps: Word Play
Ink: Midnight Muse
Paper: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Sent with Love dsp (promotional item until April),
Etc: Mini Glue Dots, Oval and Scallop Oval Punches, Gray Satin Ribbon (retired), dimensionals
Let me know if you have any questions 🙂 Have a Fabulous Weekend and Happy Stamping!!!
Need more Inspiration???