I know it’s crazy to be sharing fall cards when it’s still August, but I couldn’t wait to use the NEW Burlap Ribbon and Magnificent Maple stamp from the NEW Holiday Catalog!
Our Thanksgiving celebration is pretty casual, so as much as I love the NEW Thankful Tablescape Kit, I really can’t see myself using it for it’s intended purpose. Instead, I chose to use some of the elements (and there are some REALLY great elements in here!) in a different way…
For example, you’ll notice the background paper looks pretty similar to the place card. I simply trimmed it to 4″ x 5-1/4″ to fit on my Baked Brown Sugar card base.
When you turn the pattern side over, you have this great neutral color to work with too! I used it to stamp my Magnificent Maple leaf and greeting. The maple leaf was stamped in Versamark and embossed with Gold Embossing Powder using the Heat Tool. I LOVE how it picks up the little details in the leaf!
You might also recognize the long strip of tangerine tango designer series paper that made it on to my card. You guessed it– from the Tablescape kit! The burlap ribbon was wrapped around the card front and secured in the back with scotch tape (the snail adhesive wasn’t quite strong enough). You could also use a little sticky strip if you have some on hand.
Looking forward to playing with some of the other elements in the kit (chalkboard labels and marker, birch paper, etc), and I’d love to see what you come up with! Inspiration is everywhere 🙂
Hope your week is off to a great start! Have a Fabulous Day and Happy Stamping!
- It’s not too late to sign up for my Monthly Christmas Card Stamp-a-Stacks
- NEW Stamp Set of the Month Class on Friday, September 6th — Sign up HERE!
- Pick a Free Project Kit when you join my Stampin’ Family! (offer ends Aug 31st!)
- Stampin’Up! CLEARANCE RACK — Check out the discounts HERE and SAVE!!! Order Online 24/7
- FREE Swallowtail Tutorial with an online order.
- Need more Inspiration???
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Like me on Facebook
- FREE Friday Tutorials when you subscribe to my Newsletter
One thought on “From Tablescape to Card”
Love this card!!!